LTS & ELTS Report for November 2022
In November I spent 2.5 hours on Debian LTS, resulting in no uploads:
- Investigating erlang (which we eventually decided to backport)
- Investigating fwupd (which turned out to not have the affected code)
In November I spent 0 hours on Debian ELTS.
During the month, Freexian sponsored 16 hours of 80 hours I spent on Debian:
- General package maintenance: wheel, platformdirs, wheel.
- Supporting setuptools >= 60: I went down the rabbit-hole of applying a lot of patches to work-around bug #1025216 - a missing .pth file, before realizing that Debian was missing the .pth file that setuptools used to avoid the problem: python-feather-format, genshi, osc, ofxstatement-plugins, python-pyhcl, rapid-photo-downloader, python-easygui, python-ldap3, python-maxminddb (and migrated nose→pytest), django-js-reverse, python-openflow, pykafka (and migrated nose→pytest), kytos-utils, python-http-parser, python-pyeclib (and migrated nose→pytest), python-av, pylint-celery, python-mbed-host-tests, python-requirements-detector (and migrated nose→pytest), m2crypto (and fixed CVE-2020-25657), deluge, python-preshed, xrstools (investigated but not fixed), python-cbor, python-ssdeep (investigated but not fixed), ddupdate, yaramod, python-grpc-tools, python-mbed-ls, python-peachpy.
- Attending the debconf-video sprint at Jonathan's house. Migrated our YouTube uploader tool to use the loopback OAuth 2 flow. Migrated sreview to bootstrap4 and spent most of the weekend implementing a Vue.js-driven frontend. Including some followup.
- Starting the Python 3.11 transition in python3-defaults: python3-defaults, and some follow-up patches.
- Filing Python 3.11 transition bugs.
- Fixing Python 3.11 related build failures (FTBFS): virt-manager, python-whisper bug #2, temporarily build numpy without inskscape, 2 matplotlib uploads, python-snappy, python-http-parser, sponsored jpy, blist, pybluez, pylibmc, python-coverage, opengv, python-clickhouse-driver, python-libtrace, python3-typed-ast, pythonmagick (investigated but not building yet), python-pyscss (migrated to PCRE2 too), beancount, pycxx, pyliblo, python-cassandra-driver, cython to fix a problem showing up in python-cassandra-driver, python-clevercsv, python-jpype, python-line-profiler (investigated but not building yet), python-cffi (investigated and forwarded, but not fixed yet), objgraph.
- Debugged a regression in sbuild on LXD.
- Uploaded a new PyPy RC to experimental, and reorganized the packaging of headers a bit.
- Work on dh-python:
Applied a patch to fix flit buildswith multiple supported python
Deprecated the flit plugin in favour of pyproject.
Clean up more license files from dist-info directories.
debhelper.logfiles, in overrides, to support --remaining-packages. Rebased the pybuild-autopkgtest branch to prepare to land it. Tested it on several of my packages.
- Attended debconf-team meetings.
- Raising our request for unittest to exit non-zero when there are no tests upstream.