In October I spent 10 hours on Debian LTS:
Investigating the number of packages with invalid PEP-440 versions. These are problematic when using newer setuptools or pip on an older system.
distro-info-datadatabase. This was more complex than usual, because the update changed a number of historical dates, breaking the
distro-infoto account for the date changes above, and while we were at it:
- Generate valid PEP-440 versions for the python module in stable updates.
- Handle unknown extra columns in the CSV data, allowing us to more
distro-info-dataupdates in the future.
In October I spent 3 hours on Debian ELTS, on the same
distro-info update tasks.